Murfreesboro Discrimination Attorneys
Serving Murfreesboro, Tennessee, and surrounding areas.
You Deserve Non-Discrimination in the Workplace
All people are entitled to fair treatment in the workplace regardless of their race, religion, sex, age, nationality, or disability status. Federal and state laws prohibit workplace discrimination and harassment, ensuring that every individual has the right to a safe and respectful work environment.
At HMC Civil Rights, our experienced Murfreesboro discrimination attorneys are here to help you fight discrimination in the workplace. We understand that discrimination can take various forms, not all of which are obvious, making it challenging for employees to address these issues alone. Whether you are facing discrimination based on race, age, gender, disability, or any other protected characteristic, our dedicated legal team is ready to protect your rights and seek justice on your behalf.
Types of Discrimination in the Workplace
Discrimination in the workplace can manifest in numerous ways, some overt and others more subtle. Our Murfreesboro discrimination attorneys have extensive experience in handling cases involving:
- Race: Individuals being treated unfairly based on personal characteristics associated with their race, such as hair texture, skin color, or facial features.
- Age: Applicants or employees who are treated differently because of their age, particularly those aged 40 and over.
- Sex/Gender: Receiving different treatment based on sex or gender, including cis-gender, non-binary, and harassment, unwanted touching, assault, or unequal pay.
- Pregnancy: Discrimination based on pregnancy, childbirth, or any related medical condition falls under this category.
- Disability: Unfair treatment due to a disability. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires employers to make reasonable accommodations and treat disabled employees non-discriminatory.
- Retaliation: When an employer takes adverse actions, such as termination, harassment, or demotion, against an employee for objecting to discrimination or participating in a complaint of discrimination.
- LGBT: Harassment due to sexual orientation and employer bias in hiring, promotion, job assignment, termination, and compensation.
- Religion: Employers imposing their religion on employees or punishing employees for practicing their faith.
- National Origin: Treating an employee differently based on the country they came from.
It is important to note that discrimination can occur even without employers realizing they are doing it.
Our goal as your discrimination attorneys is to hold accountable those responsible for discrimination, creating a safe and productive work environment for all.
Understanding Workplace Harassment
Workplace harassment occurs when a co-worker or supervisor makes unwanted comments or engages in unwelcome behavior based on a protected class, such as race, religion, sex, or disability, among others. This harassment can take various forms, including physical assault, threats, demands for sexual favors, and other offensive actions.
At HMC Civil Rights, we stand by your side as your discrimination attorneys to fight for your rights as an employee, student, business patron, or even while incarcerated. Whether you are facing inappropriate comments, unwanted touching, or any form of discrimination, we are here to vindicate your rights and seek justice on your behalf.
Choose Our Murfreesboro Discrimination Attorneys
Our Murfreesboro discrimination attorneys at HMC Civil Rights have a proven track record of taking discrimination cases to trial. We are unafraid to go to court on your behalf because your rights are of utmost importance to us. Throughout the entire process, we work diligently to help you obtain your day in court and achieve the best possible resolution.
While many discrimination cases get resolved outside the courtroom, it is crucial to have experienced attorneys who can represent you effectively if a trial becomes necessary. Any form of harassment or discrimination is a serious matter, and having an experienced attorney by your side can make all the difference in the outcome of your case.
Contact HMC Civil Rights at (615) 724-1996 to have one of our team members review your legal matter. Our services are not limited to Murfreesboro; we also serve clients in Columbia, Franklin, and other surrounding areas. Don’t let workplace discrimination go unaddressed – reach out to us today to protect your rights and seek justice.