Nashville Disability Discrimination Attorneys
Representing Employees in Nashville
Representing Employees in ADA Lawsuits Throughout Columbia, Franklin & Murfreesboro
Disability discrimination is when an employer treats an employee unfavorably because of a disability. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Rehabilitation Act provide protections for employees with disabilities. Disabilities are defined broadly under the ADA and the ADA covers both physical and mental conditions. It doesn’t matter if you have a recent condition or have a lifelong condition, employers are not allowed to discriminate against you on these grounds.
It can be difficult to determine whether an employer’s actions are illegal. This is where the team at HMC Civil Rights comes in. Our Nashville ADA discrimination lawyers can help you determine which actions are possible and recommend steps to take. Our track record in court on ADA cases backs up that we know the ADA and how to litigate these cases.
Let us help you with your ADA discrimination case. Call our experienced lawyers today at (615) 724-1996.
Examples of Disability Discrimination
- Being denied for a job you were qualified for because the employer assumes you will raise their workers’ comp insurance premiums
- When a company institutes policies that more negatively impact disabled people than others. An example would be requiring all employees to participate in an exercise program, mandating that every employee obtains a driver’s license or have a physical to return to work after being on medical or worker’s comp leave.
- Denying a request for a reasonable accommodation, like flex time, additional leave, or to have a stool to sit on.
- Asking job candidates about their current or past medical conditions
- Forcing job applicants to take medical exams (so long as the job does not require specific physical capabilities)
- Creating work environments that make life more difficult for disabled people (lack of ramps, handrails, handicap parking spots, etc.)
We Will Pursue Your Disability Discrimination Case in Court
Finding gainful employment when you are disabled can be challenging. We know how important it is to have a stable job that allows you to live comfortably and handle medical expenses. If you suspect your employer is mistreating you or that your job was terminated because of a disability, we have the experience you need to build a powerful case.
Part of what sets HMC Civil Rights apart is our willingness to go to trial. We have extensive trial experience, and we will take your case as far as it needs to go to get the results you need.
Contact us online or call (615) 724-1996 to schedule your consultation with us.